Friday 25 July 2014

Mason Jar Gift

I love presents. Not receiving them though; I get awkward. Please don't ask me to open them in front of you.

I love giving presents. I love putting in the thought, time and effort of personalised gifts.

So for Amy's 21st birthday I was in my element.

I'd seen the Mason Jar gift on the internet over a year ago, but I hadn't attempted it before. Basically, it's putting your gift into a Mason Jar, using it as a hamper.

I got all of my materials together:
  • Purple Mason Jar from TK Maxx - €3.99 (Purple is Amy's favourite colour!!)
  • Penguin Purse from Tiger
  • Lancome Touch of Pink Cremes
  • Ghost Tissues from Tiger
  • o2 Think Big wrist band - 'Just Keep Swimming'
  • Smiley badge
  • Mustache Tissue Paper
  • Green Ribbon for the outside of the jar
  • And a Happy Birthday mini banner on card




I actually had a few more bits and pieces that I wanted to put in, but I underestimated the size of the Mason Jar! They're actually pretty tiny, and it is difficult to fit that much into them. So I scraped the other cremes and body lotions I had planned, and started putting the hamper together. 

Amy and I have always had a thing for mustaches; she bought me the cutest mustache travel mug last year! So I loved the mustache tissue paper that I used to line the Mason Jar. However, it was a little guilty for taking up a lot of the space in there! The tissue paper needed to be trimmed around the top of the jar.
Once I had the tissue paper in, I started to pack in the real parts of the present - the penguin purse, the cremes etc.


To top it off I tied a green ribbon around the outside of the jar and added in my Happy Birthday banner. The jar was overflowing, it has to be said. Ideally, the lid would have closed to make the jar easier to transport. But instead I had to carefully surround it with bubble wrap and hand carry it down to Wexford.

Conclusion
In future, I am definitely going to go for a bigger mason jar. Because the beauty of this gift is that there are all sorts of everything in it, you need a big enough jar but put all-sorts in!
But, Amy was thrilled with it. And that's good enough for me.

Amy and I at her 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment