Tuesday 28 October 2014

Autumnal Feelings

I love autumn. I love the colours. I love the falling leaves and the chill in the air. I love how images of nature (especially foxes and owls) are suddenly everywhere. I love that it's almost Winter.
(Plus it helps that all the good TV shows are starting up again after the summer break!)

So I have found myself in Autumn and appreciative of what the season brings.

So here are some of my favourite Autumn things:





So I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte in Starbucks to see what all the fuss was about. It has become such a staple of this time of year, and it was only right that I give into popular opinion and fulfill the stereotype of the young woman who indulges in the latest seasonal coffee fad.
I'm not even a big latte fan - if I want coffee, it has to have a solid amount of caffeine in it. But I relented and gave it a shot (and my €4.00).
If anyone has never had a Pumpkin Spice Latte before, then go and get one immediately before Autumn is over. I am currently counting up my coppers so that I can treat myself one more time before the Christmas coffees come in. It was that good.



I don't mean to shock you by naming all of the coffee shops I frequent, but on a recent visit to Costa I made this little friend. I have an indulgence for the cute things in life and a ginger-bread ghost is totally seasonal, because Halloween. Duh. And ridiculously adorable. Not to mention super tasty. Nom. And just €2.99








Some more noms. This time, courtesy of  SuperValu's health foods section. Ice Cream is not exactly autumnal. BUT Chocolate and Toasted Almond flavoured ice cream most definitely is. And good for you. At least according to the packaging it is.
No price check for this one as it was a gift. Ice cream gifts - now that's how you know you have amazing friends.



I am so happy tartan is in this season. I am not one for following trends from the Catwalk, but I have always loved tartan prints and now they are widely available.
I picked up this little skirt in H&M for €14.99 a fortnight ago. It's now a staple in my Autumn wardrobe.

Autumn is also full of dark colours. Like my new Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick being all maroon and going with all of the autumn colours. This has always been one of favourite colours (another reason I love Autumn), the season just gives me more of an excuse to wear it. The shade is 'Rossetto' - 08, €6.99 in Boots, and already one of my favourite lipsticks. I may have stocked up on a few of her other shades too...







 Autumn also called for a little seasonal notebook up-do.  I love picking up cheap, but high-quality notebooks in TK Maxx. I bought this red one for €5.99 back in September, but decided that it was a little plain. So I printed these antler stickers - because deer/forest/nature/autumn - right? Anyway, I love it!




And my bedroom gets to smell like Apple Spice and Cinnamon. Yay! Autumn!


2 comments:

  1. I love that skirt! I just found your blog, as a fellow depression sufferer, I love your posts!

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, I've been checking out your blog and it's so lovely and cute! Love your DIY candle holder!x

      Delete