Monday 13 July 2015

23 life lessons I learnt in my 23rd year

Eeek! Here I am at the ripe old age of 23. Yesterday, Sunday, was my birthday. In typical Zoe fashion it was a low key event to bring in the anniversary and I spent it hiking up around Donegal. It's scary to be 23, but also pretty liberating.
From my 23 things to do before I'm 23 list I made pre-New Year I've achieved a lot.
I got the job.
I stopped biting my nails.
I've been reading a lot more.
I spent much more time with my favourite people.
I starting doing a lot more in my youth.
Not only do I feel like I've achieved a lot in my 23rd year, but I also feel that 23 will be a good age for me.



Here are 23 life lessons I learnt in my 23rd year:

1) That we need the lows so we can appreciate just how amazing the good times can be.

2) Life is what you make of it and you get back as much as you put in.

3) Even if they're thousands of miles away, or just a few kilometres down the country, you can always count on your best friends.

4) Dating is hard as an adult.

5) Follow your gut.

6) You always have room for new friends.

7) It's the fake friends you can do without.

8) Make the most of every opportunity.

9) Some people will inevitably let you down.

10) And some people will surprise you when they come through.

11) If you're not in it, you can't win it.

12) Even when others do, don't doubt yourself.

13) Never say 'I could die happy if/when...' There is always more amazingness out there waiting for you.

14) Discussing the past doesn't have to be a source of misery.

15) You can take back the power someone has over you.

16) We don't fall in love with genders or sexualities, we fall in love with people.

17) Some arguments are not worth having.

18) It's okay that you don't follow what everyone else is doing. It's okay to be different. That's what makes you special.

19) Not everyone is going to agree with you no matter how convincing you think your arguments are and that's okay.

20) There is so much to see if you only stop to take notice of it.

21) There will be tears, but there is also strength.

22) #LoveWins

23) I have so much more to look forward to.


Here's to another year of new experiences, mistakes, and life lessons.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! It's so accurate and true! Really heart warming and motivating!

    ReplyDelete