Thursday 1 January 2015

The Christmas Break

I've been back to the family home for the Christmas period. It's been a lovely break from Dublin, work, and also Twitter.

I am a Twitter fiend. I am constantly sharing, and oversharing - everything from the mundane to the slightly more interesting.

Retweeting interesting tweets, funny tweets, tweets I agree with utterly and tweets I disagree with completely.


Basically I am always on Twitter.



But I've never seen Twitter as a problem. Yes, it is time-consuming. And yes I probably should stop tweeting every banal thought I have, but I also do enjoy it. I just love how up-to-date and fast everything happens on Twitter. Unlike other social media that I do see as being problematic, Twitter is one that I've found as a release, and a way to connect.
However, I totally forgot about using it over Christmas. It was accidental, but it turned into a really nice break away from the self-obsession Twitter sometimes creates. I will be the first to admit that I often use Twitter as a way to vent and shout, but a Twitter-free few weeks have been really refreshing. Without a platform to vent I've taken to just getting on with things instead of stopping to complain every time something doesn't go my way.

It's not that I haven't had anything to vent about it in the festive and supposedly feel-good period. There has been plenty.
And it's not that I've been bottling it up inside instead of tweeting it.

I've just had to deal with it, get on with it, and maybe that's a good thing. You see, the majority of my Twitter venting is over silly things. Like, 'eugh I'm so tired', 'I hate the Luas', and 'OMG Politics'. Those are probably the 3 categories my Twitter rages fit into it. And so, my response over Christmas to these problems has to just not comment.

Maybe I was consumed by the festive spirit after all....

But I won't start celebrating now. Give me a few days and I'll be back on Twitter like I never left.

This is what I did apart from Tweeting over the Christmas Period.




No comments:

Post a Comment