Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Impact since my last post

It’s been a strange few days. Putting something I had bottled away for weeks out into the public domain was scary. I found it difficult to press the ‘publish’ button.

But ever since I did the outpouring of support has been immense. 

I feel more relaxed, happier even, like a weight has been lifted off of my back.
Because it's out there, I'm not preoccupied with hiding it anymore; with consciously lying every time I was asked 'How are you?'


And it's the support that has allowed me to feel this way. Having support makes me stronger, even when it's from people I don't know.
There has been people who have reached out. People who I hadn't even thought of as close. I've been told that we're all in this together, and that's comforting.

Others have opened up to me about their depression.

And interesting points were raised. Such as the societal expectations around Christmas; that it's there to be enjoyed and if you don't enjoy it you're not normal. And that it's not fair for people to feel they have to react a certain way to certain things. You don't have to be happy, and that's okay.

And I've learned that I'm not back at the beginning of my journey to recovery, I just misplaced my footing.


No need to worry when I have tea and Nick Fury watching over me

No comments:

Post a Comment