Sunday 19 April 2015

"The way sadness works is one of the strange riddles of the world"

This week's Monday Motivation is a little different. I wanted to share with you a small collection of my favourite quotes; the ones I find the most inspiring / the ones I feel will help you get through the next week.

I have a quote book, where for years I have been adding sentences, paragraphs, entire poems by writers and historians and public speakers. I love reading through it and feeling motivated, connected and empowered.

Here are my hand-picked favourites from the collection:



No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but yourself. Virginia Woolf

Don’t follow your dreams; chase them.Richard Dumb

The way sadness works is one of the strange riddles of the world.Lemony Snicket

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.Cynthia Nelms

If you are going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill

Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.Henry David Thoreau

I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question.Harun Yahya

Discovery exists not in seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes.  – Marcel Proust

It is neither good or bad, but thinking makes it so.William Shakespeare

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.Albert Einstein

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.Louisa May Alcott

What lie behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.Ralph Waldo Emerson

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment