Wednesday 30 March 2016

8 Things I Learned By Embracing My Past

It's been a month of coming to terms with who I am and where I came from. This month on The Romeo Project, I've embraced my past and written about my journey with mental illness. It's a topic I feared would be difficult at times, but instead I've come away feeling much better about myself and at ease with my past.

I always find blogging about my journey inspiring. It not only motivates me to explore and share what I learn, but I also teaches me along the way.

Here's the 8 lessons Embrace Your Past has taught me this month:

1) There is a root cause for all your feelings. Even when I say 'I don't know why I'm crying'.

2) My scars are a reminder of my mortality.

3) Everyone has a past. We can choose the narrative of this by focusing on the positive, the negative, or both.

4) It's therapeutic to be able to tell your own story.

5) Monsters suck. Monsters are scary. But monsters can be defeated. Just like the ending of every fairytale.

6) Having Memento Vivi is better than Memento Mori.

7) Reading the journals of a depressive is rather depressing.

8) Our past is often influenced by a history wider than our own personal experiences.



What have you learned from blogging or reading blogs this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment