Monday 31 August 2015

August Favourites

August has been a very good month for me. There were no spells of depression so to speak. While I was anxious about certain aspects of my life, they didn't get me down. Here are the little things that made a big impact on my mental health this month. 

Going to Dublin Zoo, eating ice cream, and generally enjoying the sunshine and good moods. It was an amazing day out and I have so many beautiful pictures of the adventure. This one is my favourite photos!

Treating myself and my little sister to hot chocolate in Costa was a nice treat. I love being able to spoil the little one. 


Inside Out was truly beautiful. if you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for? If you've ever wanted to know what goes on inside someone else's head ditch the psychology books and watch this instead. It made me laugh and cry and showed the world that one of the best qualities people with a lot of sadness have, is empathy.


Yogism is the best way to start a lazy Sunday. It was also the first time I'd been, so the novelty of filling your own tub was pretty awesome.



I find crafting to be so therapeutic. This month, we had a little craft club and made fairy doors and dreamcatchers. 
My purple themed dreamcatcher that made a birthday present for my dear friend! 


Winning all these books from the RTE Guide was a serious plus this month! I've already read most of what I bought for the summer, so this new releases will keep me going until Christmas.


Also a HUGE thanks to PiccoloLovely who ran a Body Shop competition on her blog, with these lovely prizes. The mango lip balm and moisturiser smell so good! 


And finally, thanks to Google Maps I've now worked out that I walk 5.5km to work and back every day. So to treat my feet I've invested in these lovely Skechers flexi sole !


23 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice and products month of August for you, I have not won anything in a while now so jealous and loving the trainers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been so lucky lately Miranda! I'll try give you some of my luck :P

      Delete
  2. Love the Costa hot choccy its the best one ive ever had. Ull be doing a lot of reading he he with all them books xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those books will keep me busy for a while anyway, that's for sure! Thanks Rachel :) x

      Delete
  3. Looks like a class month, well done on all your winnings! And those shoes are gorgeous, very classy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO comfy Mary! I don't know what I was doing before I bought them, best investment piece ever :P xx

      Delete
  4. 5.5 kilometres to work is amazing! Well done and you certainly deserved those shoes for your feet. I started walking every lunchtime and must say I am loving it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? AND I read today that walking about 25mins every day adds years onto your life! We'll be fit and healthy in no time xx

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post! I cannot believe you won all the books, amazing!! I also love being able to treat my little sister to a costa, more now so as its getting colder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect weather for nipping into a coffee shop now isn't it? I'm delighted with the books, can't wait to review them for the blog :)

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had a good month. Yogism is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire! I was really missing out before hand, it's the best!

      Delete
  7. I was wondering if Inside Out would be good - thanks for the tip! Dublin Zoo is a great place to visit & there's definitely nothing like ice cream in the summer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, lots of complex psychology terms broken down for kids (and adults) to better understand. My sister went with me and she's 11, and she loved and understood it, but I think some of it will very much be lost on younger kids. x

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a really positive and fabulous month. Love Inside Out, it's a gorgeous film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, it really was a great month for me :) x

      Delete
  9. Funny feet ice cream! I didn't know they still existed? Wow they were my fave as a kid ; D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've just brought them back this year in Ireland! It was such a novelty :P

      Delete
  10. What a month! Some great wins there! I now feel the need to hunt down a foot ice cream though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. they're in much shops at the minute! I (almost) bought another one on Sunday, but settled for a Brunch instead :P

      Delete
  11. Congrats on your accomplishments for august!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My children have the Sketchers memory foam shoes and they are incredible! I think I need to invest in some decent footwear too.

    Well done on the competition wins xx

    ReplyDelete