Saturday 30 April 2016

Be Free Conclusion


April has been the most fun month of the Romeo Project so far. My resolution to Be Free saw me taking a proactive stance to improve my life. It's been a month for reducing stress and promoting wellbeing.
From trying new time management practices, to decluttering my bedroom and my mind, to trying out my very first teatox, I have had such an exciting and stimulating time of it. And making all these positive changes has boosted all aspects of my life as well.

I end the month feeling energized, contented and proud of how much difference a few weeks can make to your mental health. Other people have noticed a change in my mood too (further confirmation for a depressive that it’s not all just in your head). I’ve been asked what has been the cause of my positive outlook and increased confidence.
The answer? My new found freedom.
Whether it’s feeling free from mess, my budget, my schedule, my past, toxins or maybe a combination of all of these – who knows? But it has worked.

I just wish it had lasted longer.

I’m sad to say goodbye to a month of fun-filled challenges, but it’s reminded me that my resolutions are not just for a month; they’re for the whole year. I can keep up the positive changes I have made this month, and apply them for the rest of my life.

Books of the month:-
Undoing Depression - Richard O'Connor
For enlightening me of the importance of being free, O'Connor's book was the inspiration behind my next resolution to slow down and Don't Rush.

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Mari Kondo
This truly is the decuttering bible, be prepared to feel like a cleaning failure, but also learn how to overcome that untidy failing.

The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck – Sarah Knight
While tongue-in-cheek this how-to should not be overlooked just because of its title. Learn how to say 'no' and stop caring so much about what other people think. This is your life.

From tomorrow I will be tackling another resolution, but I have so many lessons to keep from this month and I intend to stick with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment