Monday 7 September 2015

Positive Thought of the Day

Tonight I'm heading back to Zumba for the first time in almost 3 months. I ended up taking the summer off as it just never suited, and I also was a little bit lazy. 

But now that I'm about to head back I am reminded of something my instructor always says.
There are no mistakes. Only Solo Moves.
It's inspiring for not only my Zumba classes when I get all confused and step the wrong way and make the wrong moves.
But it's inspiration for everyday. We all mess up and make mistakes. But rather than being so hard and critical and negative on ourselves, maybe we should think of them as solo moves instead?

I think this is going to my mantra for the week. I may even print it off for my bedroom door! 

14 comments:

  1. Getting back into exercise does feel good even if it's hard at first. Went to yoga last week for the first time since before the school holidays - my body needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! And makes such a difference to your metal health :) x

      Delete
  2. Ha! I love that quote... & in that case I'm a total solo mover most of the time! Good luck with the Zumba classes, I'm sure you'll love making lots of moves and grooves =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive always wanted to try Zumba but never find the time to go. Maybe once my eldest gets to school next week i may have more time but with an 11 month old too its hard. it looks like such a good work out though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed it, because it's so much more fun than just going to the gym or a spin class!

      Delete
  4. I want to try Zumba and also be more positive. sounds like your Zumba class and instructor should be my first stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mantra, and it fits well with Zumba too. I hope your class went well. I must get back on the exercise train too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a brilliant time at Zumba, sometimes taking a break is just the perfect thing to do! Loving the quote too, it's so true, only little steps can be mistakes, but not the whole 'thing'! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes in order to discover ourselves we must stop and pause and think about life.
    http://www.fadedspring.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! I will try to adopt this train of thought in my everyday life. Keep that negative at bay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doing things differently to others is sometimes a good thing, it's nice to be unique. I too need was a bit lazy over the summer. I'm surprised I didn't put a few stone on haha x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this makes a great mantra! I would love to give Zumba a go at some point in my life - it looks so much fun :D

    Louise x

    With love from Lou

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never done Zumba but it looks like so much fun! Exercise is great for the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have wanted to try Zumba for ages. Good luck with it - it looks lots of fun.Kaz x

    ReplyDelete