Friday 2 October 2015

September Favourites

Hello! It's the end of another month. Or, to be more specific, two days after the end of the month. And it's rather exciting. September was the start of Autumn, and boy do I love this season.

Every month I reflect back on the little things that brought me joy; the good bits. These, are my September favourites.


Pumpkin Spice Latte
Yes, I know Pumpkin Spice Latte’s are an overpriced trend. And yes, I know that Starbuck coffee is not seen as acceptable by coffee lovers. But I freaking love the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s delicious. It has vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and a little caffeine. It’s my go-to Autumn drink.

I’ve been eagerly awaiting the return of the PSL since the end of August, and getting to finally treat myself with one made me unbelievably happy. So unbelievably happy that I’ve turned them into my weekly treat. ‘Cos I deserve the PSL.

My Room
September brought around my return to double-jobbing, where I juggle two full-time jobs all in the name of accommodation. I do complain about tiredness and not having evenings off, but I also love it.  One of my favourite things about the job, is my lovely bedroom. After two years it really does feel like home.


Subscription Boxes
Online shopping has become my biggest bad habit of this year. I don’t think twice about ordering something I’ve just spotted in an online store, and my budget is suffering considerably as a result. I do intend to curb the habit over the next few weeks (‘weeks’ so I give myself enough time to wean off the habit). But in the meantime, September brought me two lovely subscription boxes. My favourite Glossybox since I signed up in May, ‘The Style Edition’ had products that I wouldn’t hesitate to use. And the My Little Ladybug box is an Irish service aiming to provide girls and women with a home-grown subscription period box. There’s not much more exciting than receiving a package in the post filled with products you love and need.


Return of TV shows
Every Autumn, TV land brings us new shows, and new seasons of our favourite shows. Already back are Gotham, Once Upon A Time, How to Get Away With Murder, and The Mindy Project. But I have a HUGE list of my other favourites I’m waiting for as we get into October. I shall never be stuck for something to watch again…

Crafting and getting creative
Alas, my crafting ambitions have returned! Over the summer I was stuck in a bit of a rut creativity wise, but Autumn has brought new found motivation and inspiration. It does make me incredibly happy when you finish making something amazing. You will see a round up of these lovely creations on the blog very shortly, but for now here’s a sneak peek!

Baking
Making gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate with the little sis was a highlight of my month!

And of course, the weather!
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love the change in weather. I like that it's chillier, dryer and oddly, sunnier. Thanks Irish Summer that never came.
And I love getting to be snug and cosy because it's finally Autumn!

36 comments:

  1. I am missing the warmth of Summer but i do love the fresh mornings and cosying up in front of a log fire that Autumn/Winter brings. I have a major addiction to online shopping and subscription boxes too, must be a "girl" thing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it might be Vikki, but I think my habit is getting out of control! x

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh at the period box... Are 2 chocolate bars really enough for a whole cycle?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not enough! I have to agree. But it's a nice box overall :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to encapsulate your September favourites! My favourite thing about September has been the weather - it's been just glorious here in Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm pretty jealous of that Jane! We currently have pouring rain :(

      Delete
  4. great post its a real good feel good read thank you, i totally agree about the weather i love that i get o layer my clothes and feel more comfy, and its time to light my open fire whoop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The open fire is probably my favourite part of going back to my parents house when I'm not working x

      Delete
  5. I need an autumn drink as I'm going to miss my iced latte, my old weekly treat! My toddler has just started enjoying cooking so we'll be doing more baking as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely! Lots of baked goods + warm drinks = perfection x

      Delete
  6. I need an autumn drink as I'm going to miss my iced latte, my old weekly treat! My toddler has just started enjoying cooking so we'll be doing more baking as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love the change in season too! And it's been lovely in Ireland recently - today was glorious. agree about all the shows coming back too. Autumn rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gingerbread cookies! I have a set of moustache cookie cutters that I am dying to try out! This post just reminded me to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! Gingerbread not shaped like men is my new favourite gingerbread :P

      Delete
  9. oh I do wish they had starbucks in Galway, that spiced pumkin latte sounds fab and the gingerbread cookie look yum, must do a bit of baking with kids, havnt done any all summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh definitely, treat yourself Sandra! No Starbucks in Galway?? I am shocked!

      Delete
  10. Ok. Now I've got a serious hankering for a pumpkin spice latte!! and seriously, how do you have time to craft AND have tow full time jobs??! amazing.
    I really do love your blog by the way :)
    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Anna! You must go get one, they're a great treat x

      Delete
  11. Doesn't TV get so much better at this time of year. We are huge Once Upon A time fans too! What do you think to #DarkSwan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it so far! Wish her make-up was done better as it really disappointed me, but it can make a great season!

      Delete
  12. Yummy, those gingerbread cookies look delicious. Our Autumn here hasn't really changed yet, although I have brought out the slippers late in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so chilly over here now that it's autumn! Slippers AND extra wooly socks needed x

      Delete
  13. PSL is like heaven in a cup!!! I love it and I miss it so much because I can't find it in Portugal. I don't know if you like to experiment, but I love chocolate and mint combo, if you do, the next time you go to Starbucks ask for Hot Chocolate with Peppermint! It's SOOOOOOO good! :D
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate how awesome the first episode of OUAT was?? Autumn is for sure my favorite time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh hot chocolate AND peppermint does sound amazing! It might be my new October drink ;)
      Once was pretty amazing, not gonna lie. Am I the only one disappointed by Dark Swan's make-up though? She looked greasy and that pinky red lipstick was all kinds of wrong! x

      Delete
  14. I have to say I have never tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte but I would love to try it as I am a sucker for Starbucks ( although I am not meant to have caffeine).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I am avoiding caffeine at the minute too - but thankfully the PSL doesn't have too much coffee in it. It's more spices and milk :) x

      Delete
  15. I love this time of year too, and yes to pumpkin spice latés! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my favourite time of year too and definitely when paired with baking ginger bread, watching TV shows and Starbucks! It looks like you've had a great month are taking up old activities that make you happy :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely helps when you make the time to take back up your hobbies x

      Delete
  17. Yes!!! You are just like me with TV Shows I have mine written down in my phone.
    I've just started the new season of Once Upon A Time... so far so good.
    American Horror Story looks really good too. I didn't really like the last season it wasn't as intense I feel. I really need to start watching How to get away with murder - Sounds awesome!

    Charlotte x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Charlotte, American Horror Story seasons 3 and 4 were very disappointing. But this one has me very excited too xx

      Delete
  18. I have never tried pumpkin latte - although I love ordinary latte. I too love snuggling up in the Autumn. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it Kaz, promise you it's worth it :P

      Delete
  19. Aah Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I love them so. I look forward to the change in weather too. Something about those crisp autumn mornings really make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kate! And the chill wakes me on the way to work :P

      Delete