Monday 30 November 2015

November Favourites

Another month is over, and we're only 24 days away from Christmas and I can't wait! November flew by quickly, and I have SO much to look forward to. I'm off on a girls weekend to Clare, I have my school Christmas dinner, 4 days in Amsterdam, and then my glorious 2 week holiday. I cannot wait.
But first, here's what got me through November.

Hats!
I love a good hat. November has been dreadful in Ireland. Wet, windy and freezing. Often all at once. But it's been a good opportunity to get my hat on and cover my bad hair days in style.


Wonder Woman
I've been reading a lot about Wonder Woman this month. See my post on her new movie here. I find the history behind her inspirational, and the new movie (in 2017) will be the first female led superhero movie ever made. Thankfully my new love also coincided with Primark getting this excellent bed spread. €18 well spent I think.


Being a total nerd
I've become addicted to subscription boxes over the last year! I love the mystery, the quality (generally) and online shopping. But then I discovered nerdy subscription boxes - LootCrate and NerdBox. Both offer monthly mystery gifts under a general theme with 5-6 products per box. For example, the theme of time gave me Back to the Future, Doctor Who and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures collectibles. I now have a ridiculous shelf full of all sorts of products to keep my lonely Captain America and Daleks company. But I love it!


Crafting
I go through phases of creativity and then hit a complete block for a few months. Lately though, I've been super creative. I've created cute Alice in Wonderland print with my favourite pages overlayed with my favourite images. Now I'm trying to find a frame for the work!

Then a re-purposed an old hardback book and turned it into a clock! It took a week of painting, staining with tea and then adding stickers and hands to my clock! I absolutely love how it turned out. It takes pride of place on my book shelf now!







My New Glasses
I can't explain what a huge difference getting my new glasses has made to me. But it's like I can now suddenly see in HD. They're black framed and I really love the style of them.

It's been a month of busyness as I prepare for a hectic December. And I can't wait to have beautiful photos of Amsterdam to accompany my December Favourites post.

34 comments:

  1. I ove your nerdy items! I thing my husband and I are nerds. We collect things too and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's definitely not a bad thing to be a nerd x

      Delete
  2. Loving the DIY crafting. I love your new glasses and I want your hat its so cute! Also... I really want Wonder Woman to come out it's been bothering for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Ana! Only another years and a half until the new Wonder Woman film :P

      Delete
  3. I really need a new hat for this winter. I'm never convinced they make me look that good but a very cold day out yesterday and I need warm ears more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! Very important to keep your head and your feet warm in this weather x

      Delete
  4. The new glasses look great. I also need a good hat for the school run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten Nerd Block Jr. a few times for my son, he loved it. Might get the Halloween one for myself next year! I really want to get back to crafting, feel like I haven't done any in ages x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hat! I could do with a hat actually.
    I also love the clock, that's so cool. I do love a bit of DIY, I tend to go through phases with it, too although feeling quite creative at the moment (I should put that to good use!) Also love your nerdy products :D I'm a bit of a nerd myself, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sarah! Would love to see what you create x

      Delete
  7. I can't until Wonderwoman comes out, it is about time that a female superhero is allowed to take centrestage and kick some patriarchal ass! The hat is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, I know it's going to be awesome!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you have had a great Nov and have an amazing Dec to look forward to. I can't believe its advent tomorrow. I still have so much to do think it will all be a little late this year! I love the glasses they are lovely and really suit you. Fab bedspread! Your craft projects are really creative - what a great idea a clock from a book xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Hope you have a wonderful December xx

      Delete
  9. Haha I love getting new glasses! It's like, how could I even see with my old ones?!! Haha.
    Very cool blog post :)
    -China Barbie
    www.mypeacelovelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hat! Can't beat a wooley hat. I hope you have a wonderful time in Amsterdam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the glasses!! But why is it when you like sci-fi and comics you're a nerd? It makes you a person with a great imaginary mind. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's an embracing of the word 'nerd'! Like getting the label but being proud to wear it :)

      Delete
  12. Loving that Wonder women speed. I didn't even know they are coming out with a movie...I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be epic Kisha! You can pick up the bed spread in Primark x

      Delete
  13. We would click!!! Loving it all!!! Wonderwoman is my greatest inspiration as well. I've been wanting to get that subscription box as well though might be a while before I do commit to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some great online coupons to get a discount off your first one Lorraine x

      Delete
  14. Great post ! I hope you have a lovely time in Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely hat! I cant pull off a bobble hat like this but it looks great on you! Great month #abitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  16. Subscription boxes...I must check that out. Thanks for sharing with #abitofeverything. PS I like your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I'm still getting used to them! x

      Delete
  17. Cool Clock? Was it hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very simple Racheal! I just used stickers for the numbers and printed off clock hands x

      Delete