Saturday 11 June 2016

Appreciate the Little Things

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make the big things happen." - John Wooden
I love that quote. It really got me thinking over the week about how essential all of the little things are.

Little things are small, but significant things that affect our mood. Little things can be as simple as how much happier you feel with a cup of green tea, or a quote that resonates with you in the novel you're reading. Little things can be what you actively do for yourself, or be an unexpected positive surprise from someone else. They are so important to our overall wellbeing that there's a mental health campaign in Ireland called The Little Things.
Little things make the journey possible. But we don't often take the time to appreciate them.


But the little things got me through the week, and I want to take the time to acknowledge how instrumental they have been in keeping my mood positive over the past few days.

x My hotel room was upgraded.

A phone call from the boyfriend to cheer me up when my laptop broke (again).

Making it home early.

My favourite chocolates being on special offer in the shops.

The hugely positive response my blog posts have gotten every day.

My soothing matcha green tea in the evening after work.

Getting to have an unplanned quick catch-up with a friend I haven't seen in ages.

Unexpected brownies and chocolate biscuit cake from a colleague.

Leaving my raincoat in work a few days previously meant I survived the heavy rain showers on my way home on Friday.

The bus arrived early while I was waiting for it in the rain.

Coming up with an excellent idea to cheer a friend up on my way home.

The little things remind us that there is happiness to be found in even the most unexpected of places every day.

What little things have picked you up this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment