Friday 3 June 2016

June Resolution: Appreciate the Journey

Intro to the month

"Every journey begins with a single step." - Confucius

For me, June is the first month of sun, summer, and holidays. My attitude always changes come June 1st. I am more inclined to relax, be social and find an adventure. It’s something that has been ingrained in me since childhood.  

This year it is especially noticeable. As the weather gradually improved towards the end of May, resulting in this glorious heat wave we now find ourselves in, I started to feel calmer and carefree. Could it be that my ongoing self-improvement project, the Romeo Project, is contributing to this? Or maybe that June's resolution to Appreciate the Journey is finally ready to come into fruition?
Quite possible, but for now I am just basking in the sun.

Ezra Bayda's 'Beyond Happiness: The Zen Way to True Contentment' encourages us to appreciate the journey. For Bayda, this means appreciating the good and the bad right alongside each other - in other words, finding happiness with where you are.

This month I am looking forward to savouring the good weather, my happiness and my life. I want to create a bucket list for June, explore the little things, and taking a photo every day.

While my laptop refused to work over the past few days, I must try to look at it as an opportunity to get outside, be productive offline and appreciate the world outside the internet.

I look forward to finding my grounding, even if it means less blogging for the month.

Here's to the journey.

Where is the destination?
It's the journey that matters in the end

No comments:

Post a Comment